Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) established this definitive finding in 2013:
Account-Based Marketing (ABM) delivers the highest ROI of any B2B marketing strategy or tactic.
ABM has been gaining traction ever since. It's touted as the next big thing.
As exciting as ABM's prospects are, it shines brighter in some situations.
If you are a marketer supporting sales teams targeting larger accounts, you will want to know all about ABM.
In a talk to NorCal BMA audience, Jon Miller, a marketing entrepreneur focused on marketing automation and account-based marketing, will share his vision on where ABM is headed and how you can reap the benefits it offers.
Starting with a distinction between ABM and the approach currently in practice, Demand Generation, Jon will provide you with a 3D view of what ABM is all about.
Jon will cover the following items for better understanding of ABM and to help you make better use of it in your marketing plan:
- Why ABM fits the fishing-with-spears analogy so well
- How ABM and DemandGen approach WHO-WHAT-WHERE cycles, highlighting the shift in mindset with ABM
- The 7 ABM processes
- 4 levels of sophistication in interaction between marketing and sales, representing different levels of marketing effectiveness
- The 3 tiers of ABM
- When a cold call stops being a cold call
- What makes a marketing executive be receptive to unsolicited marketing materials
- How diverse marketing channels sing together through orchestration
- Hierarchical break-down of Account Planning from high level Buying Centers all the way down to Tactics
Wait, There's More ...
A marketing plan is only as good as the results it brings in. Jon will delve deep into measurement of ABM's effectiveness, so you can measure what matters and make the most of your ABM plan.
Jon will discuss
- How account-centric metrics differ from the traditional, demand gen metrics
- Concepts of ABM metrics
- "Big 5" ABM metrics
- The "I CARE" motto
And Even More ...
Rumor has it that Jon will be giving away a free ebook on ABM to attendees that you can "take home with you"!
CAUTION: We had a sold-out house for our last talk, and we started to turn away potential attendees. Please make sure you reserve your spots early. Don't get left out!
Fishing With Spears:
All About Account-Based Marketing
by Jon Miller
Thursday, March 10, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
1020 Enterprise Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Jon Miller, CEO and co-founder of Engagio, an "all-in-one" platform for account based marketing, is a marketing entrepreneur and thought leader.
Previously, Jon was a co-founder at Marketo (Nasdaq:MKTO), a leader in marketing automation.
He is a speaker and writer about marketing best practices, and is the author of multiple marketing books including the Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation, the DG to Engaging Email Marketing, and the DG to Marketing Metrics & Analytics.
Jon has a passion for helping marketers everywhere, and is on the Board of Scripted and is an adviser to Optimizely and Newscred. In 2010, The CMO Institute named Jon a Top 10 CMO for companies under $250 million revenue.
Jon holds a bachelor’s degree in Physics from Harvard College and has an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.