Skin aging is a natural and inevitable process that we all go through. However, premature skin aging due to pollution, UV rays and stress is not. In the absence of an adequate skin care regimen to combat these factors, your skin dries out, loses its elasticity and firmness, and wrinkles and age spots appear on the skin. Premature skin aging can be prevented and even reversed to some extent with proper skin care. In the same way that sunscreen is applied during the day to prevent UV damage, it is necessary to apply a night cream both to repair the damage and to nourish. The human growth hormone secreted during sleep increases the production of collagen and increases the regeneration of skin cells. You can help her even more, with a homemade night cream that contains vitamin A, C and E, fatty acids such as lauric acid, oleic acid and linoleic acid, and antioxidants such as beta-carotene and catechins.
1. Olive Oil Night Cream for Dry Skin:
- The moisturizing benefits of olive oil for the skin are well documented. It is a rich source of a monounsaturated fatty acid called oleic acid that reaches the inner layers of the skin. It also clears acne scars.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that repairs the damage caused by UV rays, reduces inflammation and eliminates skin blemishes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of beeswax in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat in a double pot, stirring occasionally until the mixture begins to melt.
- Remove from heat, wait for it to cool and beat until you get a creamy and smooth texture.
- You can add the oil of a couple of vitamin E capsules to the mixture.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil such as ylang, lavender, lemon, tea tree or myrrh if desired.
- Store in a sterile container in a dry place.
- The oils will usually harden unless you are in a very humid place.
- Wash your face and pat it dry before applying the cream.
- Rub with circular movements, massaging the cream on the skin.
- Wash the next morning with a mild cleanser.
- Some people who have oily skin may have cream buds.
- Use it for a few days to see how your skin responds.
- It usually works very well for people with dry skin.
2. White / Green Tea Night Cream for Extra Dry Skin:
- Both green and white tea are abundant in antioxidants called catechins that are effective against free radicals that damage the skin. Free radicals are generated when your skin is exposed to UV rays, which is one of the main causes of premature aging, but also during normal metabolic processes. Catechins reduce inflammation and prevent skin cancer.
- Almond oil moisturizes the skin, prevents acne, fades scars, removes dark circles and prevents skin wrinkles.
- Rosehip oil improves the elasticity, tone and texture of the skin and, therefore, eliminates fine lines, wrinkles and brown spots. It is especially effective during winter.
- Coconut oil is antimicrobial and has deep moisturizing effects. It can even improve the symptoms of an extremely dry skin condition called xerosis.
- To 700 grams of pure beeswax, add 30 ml of almond oil, 30 ml of coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon of rosehip seed oil.
- Melt the mixture in a double boiler.
- Soak 1 packet of green or white tea in 1 cup of warm water for a few minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the double boiler and mix. If you are using a tea bag, open it and pour the tea leaves too.
- Let the melted beeswax mixture cool for a couple of minutes.
- Strain through a fine strainer.
- Beat this cast mixture with a manual mixer until it reaches a soft and fluffy consistency.
- Store in a cool and dark place. Avoid cooling as it will harden the mixture.
- The cream has a long shelf life as it contains oils.
- It will last more than a month with the daily application.
- Wash the face, pat it dry and apply it on the skin in circular motions, until it is completely absorbed.
- Wash it with cold water and a mild cleanser the next morning. Remember, strong chemicals will take away the benefits of night cream.
3. Apple Night Cream for Aged Skin:
- Apples are a good source of vitamin C, which not only fights DNA damage related to UV rays, but also improves collagen production.6 this helps prevent and treat wrinkles and age spots. They also contain substantial malic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, which exfoliates the skin, deeply moisturizes it, and increases collagen production.
- It is known that rose water hydrates the skin and reduces dark circles.
- Cut an apple into 2 halves, remove the seed and cut it into small cubes. Do not peel the skin.
- Mix them with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, grapeseed oil, rose oil or almond oil until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a double pot and mix until the mixture is hot.
- Remove from the boiler and let cool.
- After the mixture cools, add 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- You can add honey, cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric to this mixture if you suffer from acne, since all these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties.
- If possible, choose green apples, as they have a high content of malic acid.
- Put it in a sterile container and store it in your refrigerator.
- This mixture should last a week with daily application.
- Wash your face, pat it dry and apply the cream on your face.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes before bedtime.
- Wash the next morning with cold water and a mild cleanser.
Some Things to Keep in Mind:
Since all the ingredients in these skin creams are natural, your skin is unlikely to react adversely. But to be sure, do a patch test. It goes without saying that if you are allergic to any of them, avoid using them. Also remember that these creams need to be washed the next morning to avoid clogging the pores of the skin. Some ingredients can also increase your sensitivity to UV rays, so do not use them as a daytime moisturizer.