The hyperhidrosis is one of the diseases most annoying of all that can affect patients of any age, because their consequences are translated into a series of social difficulties and inconveniences that prevent the normal life of people by excessive sweating. We will tell you below what it is, what symptoms it causes, the types of excessive sweat that exist, and above all, the treatments you can follow to stop sweating so much.
Symptoms of Hyperhidrosis:
This disease has as an symptom an excess of sweating in various parts of the body, sweating that does not attend to external physical causes such as, for example, the increase in temperature or physical exercise. It should be remembered that the human body sweats to keep the internal temperature stable, so this defense and thermoregulation mechanism usually has well-defined causes in people who do not suffer from any disease.
“The sweating caused by extreme emotional states is also kept out of this disease”.
It is not convenient to forget that excessive sweat can appear in anxiety or stress, so these episodes should not be confused with the disease that concerns us here. Thus, hyperhidrosis is nothing more or less than excessive sweating with no apparent cause, something that can be treated if its causes and type are correctly known. Therefore, next we will see what are the causes, the main types of this disease and where it appears most frequently.
However, the first thing that is necessary is to know what are the most probable causes according to the latest scientific studies. The hereditary component should not be neglected, since it has been shown that most patients who have excessive sweating have relatives or ancestors who have gone through the same difficulties. As we said, the external causes are not behind in any case the excess sweating that accompanies this disease, so you have to look for the causes elsewhere. Traditionally this problem has been associated as a dermatological pathology , something that has proven to be completely false. Recent research places the origin of hyperhidrosis in a problem of the sympathetic nervous system, which is mistakenly stimulated by not receiving any impulse from the outside that justifies the activation of the sweat glands. Thus, the latest advances in finding the cause of this disease have resulted in a series of treatments that are much more effective than those that could be obtained in past times, so the progress is being quite encouraging for people suffering from the problems associated with This pathology
Types of hyperhidrosis:
Hand sweat and excessive sweating in general are the main symptoms suffered by people with this condition, although some variations can be distinguished that allow classifying the degrees of the disease. If its origin is considered, this disease can be classified as primary or secondary. The primary is one that has no obvious cause and that may appear suddenly. For its part, the secondary responds to certain disorders or physical illnesses, so that its treatment is associated with that of the pathologies that cause it. In addition, depending on its intensity one can speak of severe or moderate hyperhidrosis . Both factors combine to create a clinical picture on which specialists can work, something essential to find an effective treatment to stop sweating so much.
Areas of the Body Where Sweat Can Be Excessive:
Each patient is a different case, so there are usually no patterns that can anticipate the excessive sweating that accompanies this disease to prevent in which areas it will appear.
However, one of the most common and uncomfortable symptoms is hand sweat, known as palmar hyperhidrosis. The glands contained in the palm of the hands are usually especially sensitive to this pathology, so many patients present this area as the most affected. However, the soles of the feet or armpits can also be seriously affected with excessive sweating and perspiration , even causing quite uncomfortable skin problems .
The face can also be affected by excessive sweating of this disease, especially in the forehead and neck. The sweat in facial hyperhidrosis is usually accompanied in this area by a very annoying redness, something that makes the day-to-day life of patients difficult.Ultimately, hyperhidrosis can appear in different areas of the body without prior notice and causing multiple discomforts, although nowadays it can be treated conveniently for patients.
Treatments to Stop Sweating So Much
Sweating is a mechanism we have to regulate our body temperature and keep it at 37 ° C, however, 3% of the population suffers from hyperhidrosis, a disease characterized by excessive sweating caused by a failure in the sympathetic nervous system, which not only It causes discomfort, but also affects the life of those who suffer. This disease usually occurs in the hands , armpits , face , in the pubic region , even causes excessive sweating of feet of both men and women, due to the concentration of sweat glands in these areas and can occur spontaneously, without an emotional change, a physical activity or an increase in body temperature causes it. It is a condition that can affect the quality of life of those who suffer from it, so we want you to know everything about this disease, including its possible solutions. If you wonder how to stop sweating in the armpits, hands, face or feet, then we explain some natural remedies and medical treatments so you can solve this problem.
Natural Remedies to Prevent Excessive Sweating:
Fortunately today there are many ways to deal with excessive sweating and to get a successful treatment of hyperhidrosis we must take into account some general guidelines that have to do with our lifestyle.
- Keep the places we frequent, such as work and home, ventilated.
- Avoid eating spicy foods, alcohol, tobacco, coffee and tea.
- Try to reduce situations that may cause stress, anxiety or tension that trigger excessive sweating.
- Incorporate more rigorous body hygiene when using antiperspirantagainst bad smell and avoid sweating of hands, armpits, feet and any other area.
- Make use of lighter and breathable synthetic fiber garments that keep you dry.
- It is advisable to use boric acidto control foot sweating.
The Most Effective Treatments for Hyperhidrosis:
Hyperhidrosis treatment has advanced with technology and many of these solutions are available to those who are affected by this condition. To have an exact idea, here we show you the most prominent:
- Use of antiperspirant. Depending on the degree of intensity and the area, if it is mild or moderate, doctors may usually prescribe some type of antiperspirant to avoid sweating of hands and feet, as well as Underarms. You can also use an aluminum chloridesolution that is applied overnight.
- Iontopheresis. It is especially effective for sweating feet and hands. It consists of introducing the affected part in a container filled with water and implementing a small electric shock that is produced by a medical device that channels the current in the water. Although it is a long process, it can be effective in the long term.
- Injections of botulinum toxin. Commonly known as Botox is a fairly effective treatment and does not represent any discomfort. It can be applied to parts of the body in order to avoid sweating of hands, feet, armpits and others.
These injections inhibit sweating where it is administered. The duration of the procedure ranges from 40 to 60 minutes, the results are 99% effective and its duration is between 6 and 7 months.
- STD + surgery. In cases where the above methods do not take effect, there is always the possibility that you can perform a surgical procedure that has more permanent results. However, they could also represent secondary risks. Existing procedures are sympathectomy and removal of the sweat glands.
- Laser. It is a relatively recent procedure to stop sweating excessively, so the risks involved are not yet fully known. Like the previous one, it consists in removing, through the heat produced by a laser, designed specifically for this task, the glands that generate sweat.
We hope you find this information useful and that you have been able to clarify some doubts about excessive sweat that is so uncomfortable and complex. If you found this article useful, I invite you to share it on social networks or value it by giving your score.