Buttermilk is the refined product of milk that is heated and fermented from fresh milk mixed with lactose acid bacteria. Buttermilk is processed from butter and fermented milk product. The taste is sour, a little sweet and creamy like yogurt. Buttermilk has vitamins and minerals, particularly B12 vitamins, riboflavin and potassium. Now, the benefits of whey are not only related to digestion. Who knows that whey is the powerful beauty treatment of women? Buttermilk and beauty treatment are now being further explored as it has tons of benefits for skin beauty.
One of the most specific and popular treatments performed by whey is to clean the black spot and acne on the skin of the face. Using whey is much safer and cheaper than doing medical treatment that also includes a chemical compound. Observe the following steps to treat your acne and remove it from your skin.
10 Benefits of Buttermilk for Health:
The benefits of whey for acne and beauty are not only to remove acne and black spots; it can also be used for various purposes as follows.
1. Clarify Skin Color:
- Buttermilk is rich in lactose acid and Alpha Hydroxy Acir (AHA), which have a magnificent function to soften and brighten the skin’s face naturally, removing black spots and rough pores. How to do it? First you have to mix the orange peel and mix it with the buttermilk in the paste.
- After the paste, gently sweep and massage around the skin of the face. Leave on for 30 minutes and clean with cold water. If you do it routinely every morning, you will see the difference in the color of your skin in just one month! Isn’t it amazing?
2. Solution for Skin Burns:
- What are the additional benefits of whey for acne? Buttermilk is not good for brightening the skin of the face, you can also use it as a natural lotion to cure and cool burned skin due to sunbathing or exposure to sunlight.
- It is easy to do; You only need to mix buttermilk and fresh tomato juice around the area of the burned skin and leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes or until the sore disappears.
- The mixture of whey and tomato juice will release vitamins A and C to help heal burned skin without side effects. After cleaning, your skin will be fresh and comfortable and won’t hurt anymore.
3. Prevents Anti-Aging:
- Ladies, if you want to have such fresh and ageless skin, you can start treating your skin using a mixture of whey and honey as a solution. Honey, it naturally acts as a cleanser and whey as a moisturizer to brighten your skin.
- When honey has done its job of cleaning the skin naturally, whey will restore the skin’s natural color and brighten it by repairing broken skin cells.
- Therefore, your skin cells will continue to revitalize and regenerate so that you will get a skin condition of the face without age, bright, fresh and moisturized. What are you waiting for?
4. Skin Stretching:
- Consuming or applying whey on the skin can help tighten the skin and minimize wrinkles around the skin. Do you know Cleopatra? The Queen of Egypt, who was considered the most beautiful woman on Earth years ago, had the secret of keeping her skin bright, shiny, smooth and clean by using whey. Once he had routinely bathed in whey mixed with pure milk.
- Now, you can modify your secret by mixing a glass of buttermilk, pure milk and oatmeal in your bathroom and you can soak the inside for 15-20 minutes. Do not be surprised if you get very soft and shiny skin like that of a newborn baby.
5. Removal of Black Spots:
- A face without black spots and acne is a dream for every woman.
- Now, you don’t need to go to the facial boutique or salon to turn your silly skin into such a beautiful and bright one, since you can do it at home with a very simple thing.
- The black spot can be removed using buttermilk regularly as the composition of vitamins, lactose acid and minerals can stimulate the regeneration of skin cells.
- Clean the face with fresh water and apply buttermilk while massaging the skin for a while. Let dry a little and the essence of whey is absorbed into the skin. Clean with cold water and do it regularly every 2 days to get the maximum result.
6. Maintenance of Gastric Acid Level:
- If you are suffering from acid reflux, it would be better to include whey as part of your diet program.
- The whey will cool the stomach and reduce the symptom of irritation due to the high level of gastric acid.
- You can also consume buttermilk with ginger and spices to avoid the acidic level of the menu.
7. Soothing after Eating Spicy Food:
- Do you have a big fan of chili peppers? Can’t eat without a spicy taste?
- However, no matter how good the spicy taste is, the spicy effect after eating can be quite horrible.
- You may have such a burning sensation in the stomach, burning in the tongue and colic.
- Don’t worry, you can still enjoy your spicy lunch menu and have a glass of buttermilk mixed with pure honey to calm and cool your stomach after being hit by the very spicy taste.
8. Contributes to the Proper Functioning of Digestion:
- Buttermilk is a very good compound to aid digestion in order not to be messy and have too much saltpeter.
- Saltpeter can cause cramps that are very painful for the body.
- By consuming more whey and putting it as part of the daily menu, you will be filled with more prebiotics and push the growth of healthy floral colon, a good type of bacteria that helps the digestive system.
9. Increase in Calcium Intake:
- To stay healthy and fresh, your body needs 1,000-1,200 miles of calcium every day to maintain and strengthen teeth and bone health.
- Now, the simplest way is to add 1 cup of whey to your daily menu to add approximately 350 miles of calcium to your daily needs.
10. Cholesterol Reduction, Hypertension Solution and Cancer Prevention:
- An investigation conducted by scientists in the US It has revealed that the milk fat molecule within the whey contains a unique bioactive protein that reduces cholesterol and the growth of antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer cells within the body.
- By consuming and adding whey on the daily menu, you can save your life by minimizing the potential of having such deadly diseases.
- In Indonesia, buttermilk is unfortunately difficult to find unless it is in the large supermarket or in the center of the imported market.
Meanwhile, the benefits of whey are very essential for beauty and health. Don’t worry; you can start preparing your own homemade buttermilk using simple ingredients that you can easily find. Are you curious? Watch this!
How to make Homemade Buttermilk?
- A glass of fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed water of lemon or white vinegar
How to Do?
- Mix the milk and vinegar or lemon water, stir gently and let stand about 10 minutes.
- During the process, the milk will start to clot.
- The solid or lump version of the milk is obtained from the additional pouring of vinegar or lemon water.
- Buttermilk is ready to be used as needed.
Some people claim that whey can be used to help and soften digestion and friendly tolerant for those who have lactose intolerance. If you are now in diet mode, you can consume whey since fat and calories are quite low and the function to increase body weight, not to mention the case of obesity too.
How to Remove Acne with Buttermilk?
Ladies, now you can use whey to clean the black spot on your face and remove acne that is really annoying you.
“Lactose acid in whey can reduce skin pigmentation and help recover inflammation”.
In order to use whey to remove acne, here are the steps you can try to do at home:
1. Buttermilk and Tomato Juice:
To get the benefits of whey for acne, here is the recipe:
- Take four tablespoons of buttermilk, add them with 4 tablespoons of fresh tomato juice.
- Mix gently and apply them around the face, especially in the area affected by acne.
- Gently massage the face with round movements. Continue to massage especially in the area that is many of the blackheads and acne remained there. Let stand 15 minutes until the essence and extract are absorbed. Wash your face with warm water.
- Do it regularly at least once a week. Your blackheads and acne will be removed soon without pain.
2. Buttermilk and Honey:
- Take 5 tablespoons of buttermilk, mix with 2 tablespoons of natural honey (without additional sugar).
- Take a few pieces of cotton and dip the cottons in a mixture of whey and honey. Sweep around the skin of your face while doing some pressure around the area.
- Leave on for several minutes; Wash the skin with warm water.
- Clean again with cold water and feel fresh, hydrated and clean skin of the face.
3. Buttermilk and Coconut Oil:
- Mix 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and buttermilk in a bowl, stir gently.
- Sweep the face with the mixture and gently massage while giving some pressure on the area that is infected by acne.
- Leave for a while, clean and wash with warm water.