Amla is one of the best foods that is quite good for healthy humans. The fruit belongs to the variety of berries and is called Indian gooseberry too. The fruit has many nutrients and active essence that really increase health and beauty. The physical appearance of amla looks like a “cermai” fruit in Indonesia with a larger size and shape. Amla is dark brown; the taste is quite bitter and sour. Amla has long been processed in many products to help with some problems such as acne, hair loss or other diseases.
“The fruit is particularly processed in oil for the treatment of traditional Indian medicine”.
In India, they use amla essence oil for men and women to treat hair loss and hair treatment. However, this article will explain the benefits of amla for beauty treatments.
Amla Fruit Nutrients:
All parts of the amla tree can be used as a healthy treatment. In India, they use the leaves, fruits, roots and seeds of amla to be part of their ancient medicinal remedies. It is not surprising since the amla fruit has many nutrients and benefits for human health. Amla has the following nutrients that may surprise you:
- vitamin C
- sugar essence
Amla fruit also contains a wonderful askorbat acid that is 160 times larger compared to apple. The amino acid and amla mineral are similar to apple, even larger. The roots and leaves of amla have flavonoids to cure many healthy problems.
Essence of Amla for Skin Treatment:
The Amla tree (Phyllanthus emblica) is sometimes called gooseberry and blooms sour fruits just like the berry family. In the teaching of Ayuverda from India, according to Herbal Health Journal, amla is mainly used for therapy and cosmetics. Amla essential oil is not made from extracted trees or fruits, but nuts, then they are soaked in sesame or coconut oil. The oil is purified and ready to be used. You can also produce amla essential oil by boiling amla fruits. Acne is such a horrible case for everyone, particularly for those who are already fighting acne for the rest of their lives. The reasons for the appearance of acne are very diverse. His unhealthy lifestyle, his bad habit of facial treatment, hormones and genetic inheritance are just some of them. Now, amla essential oil is widely used to cure acne for its many benefits.
26 Health Benefits You Didn’t Know About:
1. Heals the Sore Throat:
- If you have an annoying sore throat, then Amla is the fruit for you.
- It has been shown that the juice of this fruit mixed with a few pieces of chopped ginger and mixed with a spoonful of honey is an effective treatment for cough and sore throat.
2. Fight Heart Disease:
- High cholesterol is the leading cause of heart disease. By reducing the accumulation of bad cholesterol, Amla reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It also reduces blockage in the arteries by increasing good cholesterol or HDL.
- Studies have also shown its benefits to prevent thickening of the blood vessel walls, the first sign of heart disease.
3. Act as A Diuretic:
- Any fruit that is diuretic in nature improves the frequency and volume of urination.
- Because urination helps your body release unwanted toxins, salts and uric acid, the consumption of Amla has a detoxifying effect on your body.
4. Increase Metabolism:
- Because of their ability to increase protein absorption, Indian gooseberries are an excellent way to increase your metabolic rate.
- Your metabolic rate is how fast your body burns calories. Boosting it will lead to faster weight loss, higher energy levels and a general increase in lean muscle mass.
5. Reduce Blood Sugar Level:
- Research has shown that fruits that are rich in polyphenol protect the body from the oxidative nature of high blood sugar.
- Amla can be therapeutic for people affected by diabetes.
- It also helps the body absorb insulin properly, which reduces blood sugar levels.
- Because of this, it is invaluable for people affected with diabetes and should be part of their daily diet.
6. Regulates the Digestive Process:
- Amla is rich in fiber, water content and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fiber is essential for healthy bowel movements.
- It is also necessary for the secretion of gastric and digestive juices.
- Therefore, Amla is ideal for the entire digestive process.
7. Increase the Immune System:
- Amla is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins, and it contains tannins.
- Tannins, when combined with polyphenols, make the fruit a free radical sequestrant.
- What this means is that it reduces the damage that free radicals cause to cells and therefore improves the ability to fight diseases of your body.
8. Prevents the Formation of Urinary Bladder Stones:
- Extra cholesterol is the leading cause of gallbladder stones.
- Vitamin C converts cholesterol into bile in the liver.
- Consuming Amla regularly reduces the chances of cholesterol accumulation and the possibility of annoying gallstones.
- It also keeps the gallbladder functioning well and in perfect health.
9. Prevents Ulcers:
- Due to its antibacterial properties, Amla is an excellent way to prevent ulcers.
- They reduce the level of acidity in the body and thus prevent the formation of ulcers. In addition, canker sores can be caused by a vitamin C deficiency.
- Since currants are rich in vitamin C, they can relieve ulcers.
10. It is Anti-Inflammatory:
- It reduces the level of acid in the stomach and fights inflammation of the stomach.
- It also keeps the liver under control and eliminates unhealthy toxins.
11. Improves the View:
- If a regular part of the diet is made, Amla is known to improve eyesight.
- It also helps to cure itching, tearing and pain in the eyes.
12. Purify Blood:
- Because it is full of antioxidants, Amla works as a blood purifier.
- It also increases hemoglobin and red blood cell count.
13. Strengthens the Bones:
- It is excellent for strengthening bones not only because of its high calcium content, but also because it reduces osteoclasts.
- These are the cells responsible for breaking the bones.
- Therefore, consuming Amla regularly will result in stronger bones.
14. Source of Vitamin C:
- Amla has three times the vitamin C of an orange.
- Vitamin C improves the levels of tannins in the body that protect against heat and light.
- It keeps your skin fresh in the summer by regulating the heat.
15. Prevents Constipation:
- Due to its high fiber content, it is ideal for the digestive system.
- A happy side effect of this is its effectiveness against constipation.
16. Prevents Jaundice:
- Due to its antibacterial nature, it prevents infections such as jaundice and scurvy.
- Daily consumption of Amla in liquid form is the most effective way to fight these infections.
17. Reduces the Risk of Cancer:
- Because the fruit is rich in antioxidants, it has several medical applications.
- Superoxide dismutase, which fights free radicals and reduces cell damage, acts as a powerful tool in cancer prevention.
18. Protect Your Liver:
- Studies have shown that regular consumption of Amla can avoid the harmful effects that alcohol has on the liver.
- It also prevents oxidative damage that is usually caused by them.
19. Provides Shine to the Skin:
- Because it is packed with vitamin C, Amla gives your skin a soft and youthful appearance.
- It is known to exfoliate the skin and removes dead skin cells.
- Amla juice can also be used as a facial mask. Simply leave it on the skin for 30 minutes and wash it.
20. Clears the Skin:
- Amla is effective in lightening the skin due to vitamin C.
- Cut a few pieces of Amla and mix until a smooth paste form.
- Half papaya
- Amla Pasta
- Mash a few pieces of papaya in a bowl.
- Add half a teaspoon of Amla pasta and half a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well until the pasta is smooth.
- Apply and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
21. Reduce Pigmentation:
It is known that Amla reduces pigmentation. Some of the most popular facial packages that Amla uses are:
- Amla Scrub
- This is suitable for people with dry and normal skin.
- Tamarind paste
- Amla Powder
- Add a teaspoon of tamarind paste to a teaspoon of Amla powder and mix well.
- Apply on the face with the fingertips. Gently massage the skin with circular movements.
- Rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
Amla and Avocado Package:
- This is suitable for people with dry skin.
- Amla Pasta
- An avocado
- Mix a tablespoon of Amla powder in water to form a smooth paste.
- To this, add two tablespoons of avocado pulp.
- Mix well and apply it to your face.
- After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- This is suitable for people with dry and oily skin.
- Amla Pasta
- Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of Amla pasta.
- Apply to your face Rinse after 20 minutes.
Amla Anti-Aging Mask:
- This is suitable for people with oily skin.
- Tea leaves
- Amla Pasta
- Boil and strain the tea leaves and let the water cool.
- Add two tablespoons of tea water and one tablespoon of honey to Amla’s paste.
- Apply and wash with warm water after 10 minutes.
23. Prevents Lice:
- Amla oil is an effective treatment for lice. Simply soak Amla in water and leave it on overnight.
- Mash them to make a soapy paste.
- Use this paste to wash your hair. This will help get rid of lice.
- Regular use of Amla oil will help moisturize the scalp and keep dandruff at bay.
24. Prevents Hair Loss:
- If applied to the scalp regularly, Amla can help preserve the natural color of your hair and keep you from getting tired.
25. Helps Increase Hair Growth:
- Amla oil, if applied regularly on the hair, nourishes the scalp and roots and promotes the growth of long and healthy hair.
Amla Hair Masks:
- Strengthening pack
- Amla Powder
- Mix two tablespoons of Amla powder with a tablespoon of yogurt and a tablespoon of honey in water.
- Apply to hair strands and roots. Rinse with warm water after 30 minutes.
- Amla Powder
- Shikakai powder
- Take two teaspoons of Amla powder and shikakai in a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of yogurt to form a paste and apply it to your hair.
- Wash after 15 minutes with a mild shampoo.
26. Delays Aging:
- Amla is virtually a super fruit.
- It is full of antioxidants that are effective in reducing cell damage.
- It reduces the effects of free radicals (which are responsible for damaging proteins, DNA and cell membranes) and, therefore, effectively combats the aging process.
Finally, we can tell you that Amla is a wonderful multipurpose fruit. Its medical benefits, combined with its versatility, makes it a great addition to the diet.