The banana or Guineo is a very healthy fruit that can help us increase energy and improve our overall health without making us gain weight. The guineo is a plant native to India that was later cultivated in Africa, Australia and other parts of the world. Currently it is one of the most harvested in almost all countries, since the taste of its fruit is delicious and has incredible health properties. Its scientific name is Musa acuminata, but it is known as banana, banana, mole or cambur. Because it is so economical and versatile, many have chosen it as a fundamental part of their diet, as it is easily incorporated into recipes and combines very well with other foods. As it is one of the foods with more sugar content, some time ago some excluded it from their diet thinking that it fattened. However, it has been determined that its consumption is quite healthy and, in fact, is a support for the diet.
Bearing in mind that for some people the benefits of guineo are still unknown, this time we want to share their main properties and benefits.
Nutritional Qualities of The Banana:
- The banana is quite nutritious, does not make us gain weight and can be ingested at any time of the day.
- It is estimated that it has 23% of daily carbohydrate requirements, in addition to containing only 0.2% fat and no cholesterol.
- Guineo is also one of the fruits with the highest content of proteins and natural sugars. Because of this, it is a great source of energy and is recommended for athletes.
- On the other hand, its high content of potassium, selenium and iron, three essential minerals for the health of the main systems of the body.
- It provides a large amount of fiber, which makes it ideal for digestive and cardiovascular health.
- However, some of these properties vary according to the degree of maturity of the banana; For example, a mature one contains more sugars and antioxidants than a green one.
Properties of the Banana:
- The bananas contain fiber and three types of natural sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose.
- You will probably know that this fruit increases your energy instantly.
- However, energy is not the only thing that can be achieved when eating a banana because it has many more properties.
- On the other hand, this exotic fruit can help you stay fit and healthy for longer, and the benefits of bananas range from giving you shiny skin to treating and relieving depression.
You Will Never See the Banana Again After Knowing This
- Many studies have shown that bananas are very efficient in overcoming and preventing many diseases and health problems, and today it is the number one fruit, consumed by the most popular athletes in the world. After reading this, you are likely to start saying “one banana a day keeps the doctor away.”
- You can get certain health benefits with getting and enjoying with a single banana, now we invite you to know each of the benefits of bananas to improve your health and quality of life.
21 Benefits of Consuming Bananas for Health:
For the nutrients mentioned, it is not strange that the banana is a very good food for health.
Among its main benefits we highlight:
1. Protect Digestive Health:
- The guineo is one of the most used natural antacids in the world, as it serves to relieve and prevent stomach ulcers.
- Its flavonoids stimulate the amount of the mucosa that acts as a protective barrier between the stomach and gastric juices.
- Thanks to this, it is useful to neutralize acidity and relieve symptoms such as inflammation, pain and indigestion.
- In addition, thanks to its fiber content, it helps improve bowel movement to relieve constipation.
2. Control Blood Pressure:
- Because of its high potassium content, bananas are one of the best foods to prevent and control high blood pressure.
- Each serving of 100 grams of bananas provides up to 300 mg of potassium.
- This mineral helps balance sodium, decreasing fluid retention in tissues and improving circulation.
3. Protect the Kidneys:
- As it provides a considerable amount of potassium, the banana is a natural diuretic that promotes good renal functioning.
- Its intake helps control edema and inhibits the excretion of calcium through the urine.
4. Relieves Cough and Sore Throat:
- Natural sugars and high mineral content strengthen respiratory health, minimizing symptoms such as cough and sore throat.
- It can be prepared in a homemade syrup to treat such problems.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
How to Prepare it?
- Crush a ripe banana until pureed and mix it with the lemon juice and the spoonful of honey.
- Put the remedy in a bowl and heat it over low heat for five minutes.
- Consume it before it cools.
5. Whiten Teeth:
The peel of the guineo also concentrates properties that we can take advantage of aesthetically. The white inner part has large amounts of potassium, magnesium and manganese that serve to reduce the yellow spots of the teeth.
6. Increase Energy:
- The guineo contains three types of natural sugars: sucrose, fructose and glucose. All these are metabolized and give more energy to the body during the day.
- For its part, potassium helps improve physical performance, since it allows the muscles to contract properly during exercise.
- In conclusion, in addition to having a delicious taste, the banana is a very healthy fruit that can be incorporated into all types of eating plans.
7. Reduce the Risk of Asthma:
- A study by Imperial College London certified that children who consumed one banana per day had 34 percent less chance of developing asthma.
8. Prevents Cancer Formation:
- Eating bananas during the first few years reduces the risk of leukemia in children. This fruit is a good source of vitamin C and can fight cancer formation.
- The fiber provided by the bananas can contribute to the positive development of glucose for cases of type 1 and 2 diabetes.
10. Memory and Mood:
- By having tryptophan and amino acids, studies show that bananas play an important role in preserving memory and increasing your memory and energy.
11. Cardiovascular Protection and Blood Pressure:
- The fiber, potassium, vitamins C and B6 that contain bananas help maintain heart health. The consumption of this fruit can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and regulates blood pressure.
12. The Guineo Against Depression:
- A recent investigation carried out by MIND (a well-respected and popular mental health charity) involved a group of people fighting depression. The results showed that respondents felt much better after eating a banana.
- The bananas are rich in tryptophan, which later becomes serotonin, known for its ability to relax the body, improve mood and increase the feeling of pleasure that causes happiness.
- This is an excellent support for the research, which stated that the imbalance of serotonin can cause depression. Actually, serotonin is often called “the happiness hormone.”
13. Prevents Constipation:
- The bananas are rich in fiber, so regular consumption of this fruit can restore normal bowel function, eliminating any need for laxatives while at the same time that your body continues to absorb all the nutrients from this delicious fruit.
- It will also help you in the digestive process to avoid swelling, for the latter it is recommended that you can consume the bananas an average between 20 to 30 minutes before the main meals, or consume it at breakfast.
14. Fight the Hangovers:
- The banana / banana smoothie is the perfect remedy to treat hangovers. It is very fast, easy to prepare and healthy, and you can also add some honey to sweeten it or combine it with other foods such as fruits, cereals or even vegetables to get a very nutritious drink.
- The bananas have a calming effect on the stomach, and when combined with a little honey, the level of depleted blood sugar can be balanced; this will calm your stomach efficiently and hydrate your body.
15. The Guineo to Cure Ulcers:
- Banana is the very useful and recommended food for people suffering from intestinal disorders, especially due to the soft and smooth texture that this fruit possesses.
- It is responsible for covering the stomach lining and therefore neutralizes any acidity and irritation that we may suffer, apart from that; we can feel quickly satiated with the consumption of smoothies prepared with bananas.
16. Helps Reduce Heartburn:
- The banana or ripe banana, improves digestion, prevents hangovers, heals ulcers and much more.
- Studies have shown that bananas have a natural antacid effect on the body. Try the treatment of a banana when you feel an attack of acidity or see the symptoms occur, and enjoy quick, natural and relaxing relief with the banana.
17. Treat the Nerves:
- The bananas are rich in several vitamins, such as vitamin B, which is essential for the nervous system. The Australian Institute of Psychology conducted a study that found that pressure at work may cause the false need to want to consume a comforting meal such as chocolate or french fries. The study included 5,000 patients from hospitals, and the researchers found that the most obese patients had high-pressure work.
- In their report, the researchers concluded that “to avoid cravings for food caused by panic, we need to control our blood sugar levels by taking high carbohydrate snacks every two hours to keep levels stable.” So you can take a banana with you when you go to work or while doing different tasks that can be stressful.
18. Helps Cure Anemia:
- The bananas are rich in iron, which is essential for the stimulation of hemoglobin production in the blood, so this fruit is a natural aid in the treatment of anemia.
19. To Treat Mosquito Bites:
- Guinean skin can be an incredible alternative to conventional insect creams, especially when it comes to irritating mosquito bites.
- You will have to rub with the inside of a scallop shell directly on the affected area.
- This is a natural way to reduce the swelling and irritation that certain insect bites can cause.
20. Temperature Control:
- Some cultures recognize the bananas as a highly recommended fruit for lowering the temperature, considered powerful in reducing the physical temperature of pregnant women. In Thailand, pregnant women eat bananas on a regular daily basis to make sure the baby is born with a cool temperature.
21. Increase Brain Power:
- In a study conducted in 2013, at a school in Twickenham, England, more than 200 students who had exams participated. The students ate bananas at breakfast, mid-morning and for lunch.
- The study found that guineo significantly helped students with their energy and concentration, which is in favor of research that found that high potassium helps students learn better, making them more alert.
- Bananas are a natural remedy for different conditions. Compared to an apple, a single banana has four times more protein, twice more carbohydrates, three times more phosphorus, five times more vitamin A and iron, and twice as many vitamins and minerals of another type.
Recipes Prepared with Bananas:
1. Flaxseed Bread with Ripe Banana
- For 8 portions
- 21/2 ripe bananas (bananas)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp royal powder
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of arabic pepper
- Process bananas, eggs, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, baking soda, royal powder in the blender.
- Add olive oil.
- Process sesame seeds with 50 ml of water for 5 minutes, filter and drain well.
- Add crushed sesame seeds to the blender and process until desired consistency is achieved, without lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the 2 cups of ground flaxseed, add with the help of a spatula with enveloping movements.
- Thus we achieve a wet and manageable mass. It does not carry sugar but if you want the sweet bread add at the time of liquefying, 300 gr of sugar.
- Bring the refractory pre-buttered, have a preheated oven 10 minutes and for 50 minutes bake the flaxseed bread, occasionally introduce a knife until it comes out clean.
- We turn around in a fountain to be able to cut into slices and enjoy this beautiful flaxseed bread with banana.
2. Guineo Juice:
For 5 portions
- 6 very ripe, peeled and chopped bananas
- 1 1/2 liter milk
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cinnamon in splinters
- Crushed ice
- The milk is boiled with the cinnamon and just from the first boil it is lowered and allowed to cool.
- The bananas are added, beaten well with grinder (or liquefied) with sugar, vanilla essence and nutmeg.